Fathers and Sons Retreat
February 17-19, 2023
Registration Deadline: February 6, 2023
Fathers and Sons Retreat: A weekend just for the boys! Our traditional Fathers and Sons favorites (Gaga Challenge, Junkyard Wars, and Blessing Service) now has a winter twist – sledding, tree tapping, and ice fishing! It will be a weekend of fun, faith, and relationship building.
There’s something special about the time that fathers and sons spend together...and for many of us there is altogether too little of that special time available.
Lutherlyn’s Fathers & Sons Retreat is for fathers and sons of all ages; for fathers who “borrow” sons and for sons who “borrow” fathers. Every man and boy is welcome to this retreat which provides group and personal activities to help build on relationships and make memories.
This retreat is specially designed to help men and boys of all ages to grow in their faith and build on their relationships with themselves and each other. It features activities in large and small groups as well as time to explore individual interests.
7:00—7:45 pm Check-In
8:00 pm Welcome & Get to Know You
8:30 pm Worship
9:30 pm Board Games & Snacks
8:00 am Morning Devotions
8:15 am Breakfast
9:00 am Faith Time
10:00 am Demo’s & Lessons
(Some examples include: archery, sling shots,
tracking, bird feeder building, tapping maple
trees, muzzleloader, cooking)
12:15 pm Lunch
1:00 pm GaGa Challenge
1:30 pm Free Time
(Legos, fishing, sledding, hiking, board
games , bouldering, napping, gaga)
3:30 pm Junkyard Wars
5:15 pm Dinner
6:15 pm Service of Blessing
7:15 pm Campfire
8:00 pm Tailgate Party & Superbowl 43
(Steelers vs. Cardinals)
8:00 am Continental Breakfast
8:30 am Morning Options:
(Discovery Room, hiking, sledding, prayer path)
9:15 am Service Project
10:45 am Brunch
11:30 am Go in Peace!
Check-in Friday evening and stay until Sunday afternoon. The weekend registration fee includes lodging*, meals (Saturday breakfast through Sunday brunch), supplies and each of the activities listed on the tentative schedule.
Adults: $125 per person
Under 21 years: $65 per person for the first 2 young men
Additional young men: $45 per person
*Guests are responsible for bringing twin bedding, towels, and toiletries.
- Please take the health and well-being of others, particularly those who may have compromised immune systems, into consideration when evaluating your own health prior to a retreat/event at Lutherlyn. While we certainly would love to have you here, we do not want others to get sick while attending a retreat.
- When sharing a cabin/sleeping space and meeting rooms with people from other households, it is important to consider multiple factors prior to arriving at Lutherlyn. If you have symptoms that indicate you could have a contagious illness (fever, vomiting, diarrhea, congestion, etc.) that could transmit to others, please cancel your reservation for a full refund.
- Lutherlyn will issue a full refund for ALL medical related cancellations.
- Anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 up to 10 days prior to the start of the retreat should cancel for a full refund. To come to a Lutherlyn retreat after having COVID you must be at least 10 days past the onset of symptoms, and 48 hours fever-free with no or mild/improving symptoms.
- When possible, we recommend participants take a rapid COVID test prior to departing for Lutherlyn. For Lutherlyn retreats, when possible/available, we will provide rapid tests upon arrival.
- If symptoms develop while at Lutherlyn, please refrain from interacting with others, notify the retreat leader, and depart from Lutherlyn. A pro-rated refund will be issued.
Lutherlyn General Policies:
It is expected that all guests follow these guidelines. Failure to follow these policies could result in removal from camp and forfeiture of payment. There are additional guidelines/policies, depending on the type of group. Those policies are outlined in the group contract or explained by the group leader upon arrival.
- No pets, no alcohol, no drugs, no fireworks, no firearms.
- Lutherlyn is a “Young Lungs at Play” facility. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Quiet time is 10pm-8am.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the grass. Load and unload vehicles at the designated area for each cabin village and then vehicles must be moved to main parking lot.
- There are often multiple groups on camp at the same time. Only enter the buildings/facilities that are reserved for your group. Do not enter cabins or facilities that are not for your specific group.
- Vandalism or destruction of Lutherlyn’s property or property of other guests will result in a bill for repairs/replacement and removal from camp.
- Helmets must be worn by kids (12 and younger) when riding bikes.
- Fishing is catch and release, barbed hooks must be crimped.
- A lifeguard must be present for swimming and all swimming/canoeing/kayaking must be arranged in advance with Lutherlyn. No one is permitted in the lake or pool area without a lifeguard.
- Ropes course/group challenge activities are off limits unless arranged in advance and facilitated by Lutherlyn staff.
Meals are served buffet style at designated meal times in our Dining Hall. Coffee, tea, and water are available during daylight hours. Our chef can accommodate dietary needs as necessary. Please include information regarding your needs when registering (food allergies, gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) so we may plan appropriately for your stay.
Our cabins are equipped with central heating, carpeting, and full bathroom facilities (shower, toilet, and sink). Each family style cabin features 6 twin beds. Guests are responsible to provide their own linens and toiletries.
How to get to Lutherlyn
Please only enter Lutherlyn's grounds via our main entrance from Dick Road. If you're using GPS our physical address is 500 Lutherlyn Lane Butler, PA 16001. After checking in we can direct you to your assigned cabin if you're staying over night.
From the West:
Take Interstate 79 to Route 422 (the Butler/New Castle exit) and head east 8.2 miles. Make a right hand turn at the 84 Lumber onto Dick Road. The main entrance to the camp is 1.5 miles down the road. The camp driveway will take you directly to the main parking lot and the camp office.
From the East:
Take Route 8 to Route 422 and head west (towards New Castle) 7 miles to the 84 Lumber. Make a left hand turn on to Dick Road. The main entrance is 1.5 miles down the road. The camp driveway will take you directly to the main parking lot and the camp office.
Lutherlyn prefers online registrations to conserve resources and to more quickly serve you. Please register online if you are able to do so.
Space is limited. Registrations must be received by the deadline listed above.
Create an Account and Register on our Online Registration Portal
(You will be navigated to a different website where you will create a profile that can be reused from one retreat to the next.)
A $40.00 non-refundable cancellation fee is in effect for cancellations made within 14 days of the scheduled retreat.