Lutherlyn Work Days
Spring Work Day
Saturday, April 24, 2021
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
It takes a lot of hands to prepare Lutherlyn for the thousands of people who will visit throughout the spring and summer. In addition to our quickly approaching Summer Camp programs, Lutherlyn also hosts thousands of people who visit on Environmental Education field trips, participate in Adventure and team building programs, and take lessons at the Equestrian Center.
Flower beds need to be weeded, firewood needs to be cut, fences need to be repaired, sticks and leaves need to be removed, as well as a variety of other jobs for volunteers of all ages and skill levels.
Lutherlyn provides all of the tools (and a lunch prepared by Chef Lisa) and our volunteers provide the willing hands!
Please bring your mask. Masks are required indoors (bathrooms and when you go in the dining hall to get your lunch). Work projects will be outdoors and will only require a mask if social distancing is not possible.
Let us know if you're planning to attend by completing the form below. To allow for adequate social distancing, this year's Work Day will be weather dependent - when you complete the form be sure to provide a phone number where we can reach you in the event of cancellation/rescheduling. In the event of rain or inclement weather Work Day will be rescheduled; likely to May 1st.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the Development Office at email@example.com or 724-865-2161.
We can't do it without you!
- There are tasks for volunteers of all ages and skill levels
- Volunteers can be individuals, families, or groups of all kinds. If you are part of a group who would like to tackle a project together please let us us know ahead of time. Please provide an approximate number of people in your group and what level of physical activity would be a good fit (or any special construction skills you may have) so we select a project and gather the necessary tools and supplies.
- Snacks and a to-go style lunch are provided
- Examples of Work Day projects include:
- raking and blowing leaves
- picking up sticks (this is an enormous help before spring mowing begins!)
- splitting wood
- clearing leaves and tidying the amphitheater
- removing sticks and placing mulch around ropes course elements
- removing weeds at the beach of lower lake
Please RSVP to Lutherlyn by completing the form below.
9:00 am - 10:00 am: Check-in and project assignment (there will be no large group meeting prior to starting this year)
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm: Pick-Up bagged lunch at Dining Hall and enjoy a lunch time picnic
4:00 pm: Wrap-up projects
Drinks and snacks will be available at the Dining Hall throughout the day.
Spring Work Day RSVP Form
Please let us know if you will be attending Spring Work Day. To allow for adequate social distancing this year's Work Day is weather dependent. Please provide a phone number where you can be reached in the event we need to notify everyone of a rain-delay or cancellation.