December 4, 2021
Who will de-throne our reigning Sovereign Plunger, Todd Garcia-Bish?!
During the morning of December 4th a brave group of "Plungers" will each take a chilly dip into Lower Lake to support the Annual Fund!
If you're interested in taking the Plunge to support Lutherlyn please contact Andi for more details or if you have questions. She can be reached at 724-865-2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
December 4, 2021
Lower Lake, Lutherlyn
10:30 am: Check-In for Plungers
11:00 am: THE PLUNGE!! Campfire, Hot Chocolate, S'Mores at Lower Lake
11:45 am: Lunch in the Dining Hall*
* Lunch will be provided free of charge for our "Plungers", spectators can purchase a heart-warming lunch prepared by Chef Lisa for $10. * Please be aware that masks are required indoors.
Ways to Participate
There are several great ways to support this event. The first, for the brave-of-heart, is to become a "Plunger" and take to the water yourself. Plungers will work to acquire sponsorship from their family, friends, colleagues and parishioners. Plungers can be anyone in generally good health*. A second option is to nominate a friend, colleague, or your church's pastor to participate and perhaps be their first sponsor. A third option is to sponsor one or more Plungers to help them reach their goal. Lastly, you can participate during the event as either a spectator or volunteer. We'll need help taking photos, passing out coffee, tending our bonfire and most importantly cheering on our Plungers as they take what will be a very cold swim!
* Though we expect this to be a very fun (likely hilarious!) event, we take the safety of our participants and guests seriously. Lifeguards and nurses will be present to ensure everyone remains healthy and safe.
2021's Plungers include
- Sarah Barnett (Little Foot Quilt Shoppe)
- Haaken Christiansen (Lutherlyn Camper)
- Andi Dunmyre (Lutherlyn's Development Director)
- Ryan Fitch (Lutherlyn's Pastor & Assistant Director)
- Shawn Franklin (Lutherlyn Camper)
- Todd Garcia-Bish (LEEP Director)
- Sandy Heasley (Former LEEP Educator)
- Katie McNeal (Our Redeemer Lutheran Church, Former Lutherlyn Registrar/Office Manager)
- Chris Modro (Former Summer Staff Member)
- TJ Robertson (Former Summer Staff Member)
- Holly Schubert (LEEP Assistant Director)
- Jessica Sigler (Former Summer Staff Member)
- Gloria Yount (Woodland Quilters & Oak Grove Lutherlyn Church, Zelienople)
If you'd like to sponsor one of the Plungers Click Here.
Check back often, as individuals commit to becoming Plungers we'll update this list.
2021 Plunger Documents and Fliers
500 Lutherlyn Lane Butler PA 16001
Lutherlyn is hosting several events December 7th. For the safety of all parties, Lutherlyn requests all guests enter camp using the main entrance off Dick Rd. To obtain directions using GPS, online maps, or mobile app navigation please use 500 Lutherlyn Lane, Butler PA 16001.