Lutherlyn's Strategic Plan - Adopted 2019
In 2019 the Lutherlyn Board of Directors completed a strategic plan to guide conversations and decisions as Lutherlyn plans the next three to five years. However, this is not meant to be a static document and will be reviewed and updated regularly: removing completed goals, adding new goals, and adjusting time lines as needed. The strategic plan is rooted in Lutherlyn's core purpose and mission, addressing the needs of the physical property as well as program and staffing needs.
To learn more about Lutherlyn's core purpose, mission, and other guiding principles, please visit lutherlyn.com/about.
The strategic plan is broken down into four main parts with specific goals and actions plans within each broad plan. The entirety of the strategic plan can be found in the downloadable PDF below.
Strategic Plan 1: Understand and stay relevant with the current trends in camping ministry through regular evaluation of programs and the needs/desires of the constituency.
- Goal A - Enable consistent branding of the Camp and its missions
- Goal B - Address current needs for safety and security on campus through gates, signage, and appropriate plans with first responders to meet industry standards.
- Goal C - Complete unfinished projects and in the future, project planning should be more comprehensive, taking into account all factors involved in the project (parking, locations, winterization, hiring outside contractors, environmental sustainability, etc.).
- Goal D - Consider accessibility in all areas of program and facilities.
Strategic Plan 2: Balance program capacity with facility and staff capacity to enable maintenance and growth.
- Goal A - Position the Camp to continue providing its current level of ministry for summer camp and retreat programs.
- Goal B - Position the Camp to grow beyond current capacity for ministry.
Strategic Plan 3: Increase the level of relationships and programs that make Lutherlyn a viable, ministry-focused, church-related outdoor ministry.
- Goal A - Build relationships with constituents.
- Goal B - Build programs for current areas of ministry that fill in where there are gaps in camp usage through new thinking and new initiatives.
- Goal C - Grow the number of mission-based programs.
- Goal D - Grow fundraising and friend-raising for the faithful stewardship of the camp's ministry and mission.
Strategic Plan 4: Cross-train staff for the protection of institutional knowledge.
- Goal A - Develop a comprehensive Procedural Manual.
- Goal B - Give special attention to the areas of Maintenance, Equestrian, and the Director's position for the protection of institutional knowledge.
Lutherlyn Strategic Direction - Adopted August, 2017
The strategic direction is shaped by;
Our core purpose statement that “Lutherlyn is a God given place to be accepted, challenged, and sent”
The financial realities
A pledge to be good stewards of all the resources that we are given
The strategic direction focuses on the five core ministry areas of: summer camp, retreats, equestrian program, adventure program, and Lutherlyn Environmental Education Program (LEEP).
The strategic direction acknowledges that for there to be growth within the 5 core ministry areas there needs to be a plan developed in cooperation with the Executive Director that addresses the current core ministry areas in order to establish costs, maximum capabilities, usage, efficiency, maintenance, and integration of programs.
We will build, rebuild, expand and diversify our relationships.
We will develop a board that has the skills, abilities and relationships to support and encourage the strategic plan.
We will build pathways to capital.
We will partner with congregations and the whole church to do God’s work.
We will empower the executive director to fulfill this plan and her/his job description.
This strategic direction will be renewed and reviewed in 3 years and will be informed by input from our constituency.
The strategic direction will be reviewed by the board semi-annually.