August 26-28, 2022
Registration Deadline: August 15, 2022
Who says camp is just for kids?
Grown-Up Camp includes all of the fun and excitement of kid camp with some relaxation, fellowship, and extras for adults! This grown-ups only retreat is the perfect opportunity to enjoy all the fun of kid camp but with some changes and additions specifically for grown-ups. Anyone age 21 or older is invited to join in the fun!
You'll be able to enjoy camp classics like campfires, hikes, crafts, ropes course, and sports. All of the activities are optional to provide as much or as little time as you'd like to relax or explore Lutherlyn's beautiful grounds and trails.
The $150 fee for these fun filled days at camp includes all meals*, program, snacks, and lodging (cabins are equipped with full bathroom/showers and twin size beds). Guests are responsible for bringing their own linens and toiletries.
The schedule below is tentative. When you check-in, you will receive a finalized schedule and camp map.
6:00 - 7:30 pm Arrival
7:30 - 8:30 pm Get to know you, Devotions, Announcements
8:30 pm Campfire and S'mores
9:15 pm Hangout around the fire, Night Hike
8:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast
9:30 - 10:00 am Bible Study
11:00 am - noon Nature Activity
12:15 pm Lunch
1:00 - 2:30 pm Pool Party
3:00 - 5:00 pm Activity Time (Hay Ride, Geology Hike, Climbing Wall, Jump Pillow, Relax)
5:30 pm Dinner
6:00 - 8:00 pm Evening Activity
8:30 pm Campfire
9:00 pm Beers & Brats*/Wine & Cheese* around the fire
8:00 - 9:00 am Breakfast
9:30 - 11:30 am High Ropes Course & Canoeing
noon Lunch Campfire Cookout
1:30 - 3:30 pm Crafts & Archery
3:00 pm Worship
4:00 pm Group Photo & Go in Peace
Activities available throughout the retreat include:
- Recreation Building
- Discovery Room
- Hiking Trails
- Board Games
- Sports Fields
- Outdoor Lawn Games
- Snacks, Drinks, & the Fireplace in Stewart
- Dining Hall Porch - Rocking Chairs
- Beautiful Outdoor Spaces
- We also encourage you to bring any books/hobbies/crafts you might enjoy.
* No need to bring any beer or wine, we will provide a variety of drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for everyone to enjoy. There may be other groups on camp so alcohol consumption is limited to the beer and wine at the Saturday evening event.
Please take the health and well-being of others, particularly those who may have compromised immune systems, into consideration when evaluating your own health prior to a retreat/event at Lutherlyn. While we certainly would love to have you here, we do not want others to get sick while attending a retreat.
When sharing a cabin/sleeping space and meeting rooms with people from other households, it is important to consider multiple factors prior to arriving at Lutherlyn. If you have symptoms that indicate you could have a contagious illness (fever, vomiting, diarrhea, congestion, etc.) that could transmit to others, please cancel your reservation for a full refund.
Lutherlyn will issue a full refund for ALL medical related cancellations.
Anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 up to 10 days prior to the start of the retreat should cancel for a full refund. To come to a Lutherlyn retreat after having COVID you must be at least 10 days past the onset of symptoms, and 48 hours fever-free with no or mild/improving symptoms.
When possible, we recommend participants take a rapid COVID test prior to departing for Lutherlyn. For Lutherlyn retreats, when possible/available, we will provide rapid tests upon arrival.
If symptoms develop while at Lutherlyn, please refrain from interacting with others, notify the retreat leader, and depart from Lutherlyn. A pro-rated refund will be issued.
Lutherlyn General Policies:
It is expected that all guests follow these guidelines. Failure to follow these policies could result in removal from camp and forfeiture of payment. There are additional guidelines/policies, depending on the type of group. Those policies are outlined in the group contract or explained by the group leader upon arrival.
- No pets, no alcohol, no drugs, no fireworks, no firearms.
- Lutherlyn is a “Young Lungs at Play” facility. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Quiet time is 10pm-8am.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the grass. Load and unload vehicles at the designated area for each cabin village and then vehicles must be moved to main parking lot.
- There are often multiple groups on camp at the same time. Only enter the buildings/facilities that are reserved for your group. Do not enter cabins or facilities that are not for your specific group.
- Vandalism or destruction of Lutherlyn’s property or property of other guests will result in a bill for repairs/replacement and removal from camp.
- Helmets must be worn by kids (12 and younger) when riding bikes.
- Fishing is catch and release, barbed hooks must be crimped.
- A lifeguard must be present for swimming and all swimming/canoeing/kayaking must be arranged in advance with Lutherlyn. No one is permitted in the lake or pool area without a lifeguard.
- Ropes course/group challenge activities are off limits unless arranged in advance and facilitated by Lutherlyn staff.
Meals are served buffet style at designated meal times in our Dining Hall. Coffee, tea, and water are available during daylight hours. Our chef can accommodate dietary needs as necessary. Please include information regarding your needs when registering (food allergies, gluten free, vegetarian, etc.) so we may plan appropriately for your stay.
Our cabins are equipped with central heating, carpeting, and full bathroom facilities (shower, toilet, and sink). Each family style cabin features 6 twin beds. Guests are responsible to provide their own linens (twin size bed) and toiletries.
How to get to Lutherlyn
Please only enter Lutherlyn's grounds via our main entrance from Dick Road. If you're using GPS our physical address is 500 Lutherlyn Lane Butler, PA 16001. After checking in we can direct you to your assigned cabin if you're staying over night.
From the West:
Take Interstate 79 to Route 422 (the Butler/New Castle exit) and head east 8.2 miles. Make a right hand turn at the 84 Lumber onto Dick Road. The main entrance to the camp is 1.5 miles down the road. The camp driveway will take you directly to the main parking lot and the camp office.
From the East:
Take Route 8 to Route 422 and head west (towards New Castle) 7 miles to the 84 Lumber. Make a left hand turn on to Dick Road. The main entrance is 1.5 miles down the road. The camp driveway will take you directly to the main parking lot and the camp office.
Lutherlyn prefers online registrations to conserve resources and to more quickly serve you. Please register online if you are able to do so.
Space is limited. Registrations must be received by the deadline listed above.
Create an Account and Register on our Online Registration Portal
(You will be navigated to a different website where you will create a profile that can be reused from one retreat to the next.)
A $40.00 non-refundable cancellation fee is in effect for cancellations made within 14 days of the scheduled retreat. Full refund will be issued for medical reasons.