Summer 2020 Day Visits at Lutherlyn
On select Thursdays and Fridays throughout the summer, guests are welcome to come to Lutherlyn to hike, picnic, and visit camp from 9am-5pm. Reservations are required and must be made by the Monday prior to arrival.
July 2, 3, 9, 10, 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
August 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28
Additional dates may be added.
It is expected that families participate in these activities with their own family and appropriately distance from other families/guests. Activities are not staffed (unless noted) and children must be supervised by parent/guardian.
- Gaga Ball
- Hiking (trail map provided)
- Prayer Path
- Fishing (bring gear)
- Biking (bring bike)
- Corn Hole
- Ladder Golf
- Disc Golf
- Scavenger Hunt (list provided)
- Discovery Room (1 family at a time)
- Picnic Tables
- Campfire – Fire circles are available on a first-come-first serve basis. Firewood is provided. Bring lighter & fire starter.
- Camp Store – The camp store will be open upon each afternoon for clothing, sundries, snacks, and drinks
Due to Social Distancing and staffing limitations, the following activities/facilities will not be available: Swimming lake, canoeing, volleyball, Recreation Building, archery, group challenge course, high ropes course, and all indoor space.
The bathroom building next to the Environmental Education Center and the restrooms outside of Baker Chapel will be open and available.
- Pool - $40/family for 90 minutes. Must register for pool time in advance. Lifeguard must be present. The pool will be divided into 4 sections and 4 families will be assigned to the pool at a time; each in their own section. Time will be assigned prior to arrival. Space is limited - 12 families can sign up each day.
- Guided Nature Activity - $40/family for 1-hour private guided nature activity with one of Lutherlyn’s Environmental Education Instructors. Must register in advance. Time will be given prior to arrival. Space is limited - 8 families can sign up each Thursday and 10 families can sign up each Friday.
- Chapel Rock – We will hike about half a mile into the Semiconon Valley and up the other side to Chapel Rock. Once there, we can climb to the top and spend some time investigating the rock's geology. This hike is one mile round-trip, and includes two significant hills and some uneven footing.
- Discovery Hike - Who knows what we will find along the way! Be ready to be surprised by God’s creation. The length and strenuousness of this hike can be adjusted for each group. Bring your curiosity, we will be exploring!
- Edible and Medicinal Plants – We will take a relatively short hike and look at the wild plants that can be eaten and those that have been used for medicines. You may be surprised by what is available in field and forest.
- Stream Critters – This is one of the all-time, most popular activities at camp! We will collect critters from the stream and use them to determine water quality. Be prepared in case your feet get wet (but it is pretty easy to keep your feet dry – if you want to.)
- Terra Dei House and Garden Tour – Want to get some good ideas for how to be good stewards of God’s creation? Or maybe you’d like to learn a little about gardening? Let us know what you would like to focus on and we will tailor the time to your interests. You can learn about everything from solar energy to straw bale construction and organic gardening. Make sure you leave some time to taste some fresh garden produce!
- Trees – Learn what makes a forest healthy, measure the age of large trees, and discover just how dependent we are on them. We will also learn some short cuts for quick tree identification.
Meals are not provided. Please bring your own picnic, drinks, snacks. The camp store will be open in the afternoon with some drinks and snacks. Please make sure that all trash goes to a garbage can. There are many picnic tables and picnic shelters around camp that can be used on a first-come-first-served basis.
Check-in starts at 9:00am. When you arrive, please check in on the office porch at the store window. There will be a sign-in sheet. ALL GUESTS MUST SIGN IN IMMEDIATELY UPON ARRIVAL.
Prior to departure, please take all trash and recycling to a garbage can or the dumpster behind the dining hall. All guests must depart by 5:00pm. ALL GUESTS MUSH SIGN OUT PRIOR TO DEPARTING.
WIFI & CELL SERVICE:
Cellular service on main camp is generally good but the WiFi is weak. Please do not depend on WiFi during your visit.
- Please notify Lutherlyn if you do not plan on coming for your reserved time, even if you have a free reservation with no paid activities.
- All pool and guided nature activity fees must be paid when the reservation is made.
- Full refunds will be issued for cancellations more than 1 week in advance.
- Cancellations within 1 week will have a $10 cancellation fee.
- If pool or guided nature activity is cancelled due to inclement weather, a full refund for those activities will be issued.
It is expected that all guests follow these guidelines. Failure to follow these policies will result in removal from camp.
- No pets, no alcohol, no drugs, no fireworks, no firearms.
- Registered campers only, no visitors.
- Lutherlyn is a “Young Lungs at Play” facility. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Helmets must be worn by kids (12 and younger) when riding bikes.
- Fishing is catch and release, barbed hooks must be crimped.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- A lifeguard must be present for swimming. No one is permitted in the lake or pool area without a lifeguard.
- Ropes course/group challenge activities are off limits.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the grass. All vehicles must park in the main parking lot.
- If a registered camper has a fever, has tested positive for COVID-19, or has been exposed to someone who has tested positive, contact the camp office to cancel. You will be fully refunded.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing, per CDC guidelines.
- Be mindful of using shared spaces to avoid contact with other campers.
- All guests must wear face masks in areas with other campers and staff.
- If a registered camper develops symptoms of COVID-19 while onsite, it must be reported to staff immediately.
- Attendance and participation is at your own risk. Lutherlyn is not liable for any contact or health risks.
Lutherlyn’s cabins and facilities are cleaned regularly following the recommendations from the CDC. Common space and public restrooms are cleaned and disinfected daily.
A staff member will be on-call at all times. The emergency phone number, hospital directions, and 911 instructions are posted on the office porch.
Reservations can be made at lutherlyn.campbrainregistration.com. This is the same reservation system that is used for summer camp registrations; if you have registered online for summer camp in the past, you already have a CampBrain registration account. If you have not registered online in the past, you will need to create an account.
The registration deadline is the Monday prior to arrival.
Please call the camp office at 724-865-2161 or e-mail email@example.com with questions.