Family Getaway Weekend
We are happy to offer Family Weekends at Lutherlyn. Lutherlyn offers clean and comfortable cabins on 660 acres for families (from the same household) to enjoy some time away. It is expected that all families follow the guidelines outlined here for the health, safety, and enjoyment of all guests. Thank you!
Families (from the same household) are invited to spend a weekend away at Lutherlyn. Each family will have their own cabin and their own private meeting room (with a fridge, microwave, TV, and DVD player). Each family will be expected to practice social distancing from other guests and staff. Please understand that this is an opportunity to spend time at camp but it will not resemble a week of summer camp. Parents/Guardians will be responsible for the supervision of their children. Must register by the Monday prior to arrival.
- December 11-13, 2020
- December 18-20, 2020
- January 15-17, 2021
- January 22-24, 2021
- January 29-31, 2021
- February 5-7, 2021
- February 19-21, 2021
- February 26-28, 2021
- March 5-7, 2021
- March 12-14, 2021
- March 19-21, 2021
- March 26-28, 2021
- $250/family - one family (that resides in the same household) in one cabin with a private meeting room for Friday and Saturday night
- $40/family – Guided Nature Activity
Each carpeted cabin has 2 full bathrooms, 12 twin beds (8 bottom bunks & 4 top bunks), a porch, and a picnic table. Bring your own bedding, pillows, towels, and toiletries.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Personal Items
- Bedding (twin)
- Camping Chairs
- Fishing Gear (crimp barbs on hooks)
- Roasting Sticks
Meals are not provided.
Lutherlyn will provide a list of local carry-out options.
Families are welcome to bring meals. There will be a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker in your private meeting room. COOKING IS NOT ALLOWED - 1 TOASTER AND 1 CROCK POT ARE THE ONLY ADDITIONAL HEATING ELEMENTS PERMITTED IN MEETING ROOMS.
Lutherlyn will contact you the week of your stay to get your anticipated arrival time. Check-in is from 1-8pm on arrival day. Check-in on the office porch with a mask on. Staff will direct you to your cabin and indicate where to unload and park. Lutherlyn DOES NOT provide keys for the cabins.
Prior to departure, please take all trash and recycling to the dumpster behind the dining hall. Make sure cabin lights are turned off and cabin doors are closed. Departure is by 3pm.
WIFI & CELL SERVICE:
Cellular service on main camp is generally good but the WiFi is weak. WiFi instructions will be included in your Welcome Bag but please do not depend on WiFi during your stay.
Upon arrival, each family will receive a Welcome Bag with a map, activities, and details for the weekend. It is expected that families participate in these activities with their own family and appropriately distance from other families. Activities are not staffed (unless noted) and children must be supervised by parent/guardian.
- Hiking (17 miles of hiking trails)
- Prayer Path
- Fishing (bring gear, crimp barbs on hooks)
- Biking (bring bike)
- Crafts (supplies provided)
- Ladder Golf
- Disc Golf
- Family Devotions/Worship (booklet provided)
- Discovery Room (1 family at a time)
- Campfire – Fire circles are available on a first-come-first serve basis. Firewood is provided. Bring lighter & fire starter.
- Guided Nature Activity - $40/family for 1-hour private guided nature activity with one of Lutherlyn’s Environmental Education Instructors. Must register in advance. Time will be given at check-in.
- Camp Store – The camp store may be available upon request.
Due to Social Distancing and staffing limitations, the following activities/facilities will not be available: Swimming lake, canoeing, volleyball, Recreation Building, archery, group challenge course, high ropes course. There will be no access to buildings other than your own cabin. Public bathrooms will not be open, please use the bathrooms in your cabin.
- All fees must be paid when the reservation is made.
- Cancellations more than 2 weeks in advance will result in a refund minus a $25 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of arrival are non-refundable.
- Refunds will be issued for medical cancellations.
- Rain or shine - Inclement weather will not result in a refund.
- If wagon ride, pool, or guided hike is cancelled due to inclement weather, a full refund for those activities will be issued.
It is expected that all guests follow these guidelines. Failure to follow these policies will result in removal from camp.
- No pets, no alcohol, no drugs, no fireworks, no firearms.
- Registered campers only, no visitors.
- Lutherlyn is a “Young Lungs at Play” facility. Smoking is only permitted in designated smoking areas.
- Quiet time is 10pm-8am.
- Helmets must be worn by kids (12 and younger) when riding bikes.
- Fishing is catch and release, barbed hooks must be crimped.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- A lifeguard must be present for swimming. No one is permitted in the lake or pool area without a lifeguard.
- Ropes course/group challenge activities are off limits.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the grass. Load and unload at the designated area for each cabin village and then vehicles must be moved to main parking lot.
- If a registered camper has a fever, has tested positive for COVID-19, or has been exposed to someone who has tested positive, contact the camp office to cancel. You will be fully refunded.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing, per CDC guidelines.
- Be mindful of using shared spaces to avoid contact with other campers.
- All guests must wear face masks in areas with other campers and staff.
- If a registered camper develops symptoms of COVID-19 while onsite, it must be reported to staff immediately.
- Attendance and participation is at your own risk. Lutherlyn is not liable for any contact or health risks.
Lutherlyn’s cabins and facilities are cleaned regularly following the recommendations from the CDC. Cabins are cleaned and disinfected prior to arrival. For the safety of the staff, there is a mandatory “rest period” of at least 24 hours after departure before cabins are entered and cleaned. Staff will not enter cabins while guests are staying in them. If there is a maintenance concern in a cabin, we will work to help you address the concern or we will move you to a different cabin.
Common space and public restrooms are disinfected daily.
Proper food handling procedures, per the Department of Health, are followed in the kitchen/dining hall.
A staff member will be on-call at all times. The emergency phone number, hospital directions, and 911 instructions, will be included in your Welcome Bag.
Reservations can be made at lutherlyn.campbrainregistration.com. This is the same reservation system that is used for summer camp registrations; if you have registered online for summer camp in the past, you already have a CampBrain registration account. If you have not registered online in the past, you will need to create an account.
The registration deadline is the Monday prior to arrival.
Please call the camp office at 724-865-2161 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.