Lutherlyn Events & Retreats (2020)
Throughout the year Lutherlyn hosts a wide variety of both day, and overnight programs. Some of our events are specifically offered to children, while others are designed for crafters like our quilters and scrapbookers, and still other retreats which were created for the whole family!
Please use the calendar of events listed below to find out more information about each of our many great events, we'll update it as we set our schedule for 2020.
As details are confirmed and registration becomes available, links will be added to the listing below.
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call at 724-865-2161.
- 9: CampBlast!: CampBlast is postponed. A new date and details will be announced when we are able to welcome campers back to Lutherlyn. Invite your family, friends, and church members to come enjoy a totally FREE day of fun at Lutherlyn. This fun day highlights all we have to offer and is the perfect opportunity for people to learn more about our programs. (No registration is required; just show up!)
- 31 Summer Staff Training Begins: Each summer our staff members participate in an intense 13 day training program to prepare them for summer camp, and summer campers. You can learn more or apply to join us easily online.
- 1 - 12: Summer Staff Training Continues: Each summer our staff members participate in an intense 13 day training program to prepare them for summer camp, and summer campers. You can learn more or apply to join us easily online.
- 7: Trinity Pines Club Banquet: As a thank you for our Trinity Pines Club members we host an annual banquet prepared and served by Chef Lisa and our Summer Staff members.
- 14: Combined Test Schooling Show: This local event is a great way to get out and test your skills. Dressage will be held in our indoor arena. Stadium Jumping to be held in an enclosed grass field.
- 31: Last day of Summer Camp
- 3-6: Summer Riding Day Camp: This camp is for beginner and intermediate level riders as young as 7 years old. No prior experience is necessary and students will have mounted and unmounted lessons, enjoy crafts, and horse-related games.
- 10-13: Mini's Riding Day Camp: Mini's Camp is designed for young horse-lovers (ages 4-6). This day camp will explore the nature of horses and how to safely act around them, how to group, and the basic horseback riding.
- 21-23: Grown-Up Camp: Our Grown-Up Camp includes all of the fun and excitement of kid camp with some relaxation, fellowship, and "extras" for grown-ups. You can enjoy a weekday retreat or a weekend getaway, or stay through both sessions! (Registration Required)
- 9-13: Crafting Retreat: If you've ever thought you need a vacation just to get some of your craft projects complete...this is the perfect opportunity. You bring the project supplies and we'll take care of all the food, lodging and provide great opportunities for fun and fellowship. Please note that this Crafting Week begins on Wednesday. (Registration Required)
- 12: Saturday Safari: Saturday Safaris are a great way to spend a Saturday morning! They are designed and open for families of all sizes and shapes, youth groups, scout groups, and any interested parties. Dress to be outside. (Registration Required)
- 12: Blacksmithing Class: Open to all levels.
- 19: Hunter Pace: We will be hosting a fall Hunter Pace. Riders can expect a variety of terrain as they ride through the woods, equestrian center and around the fields at camp. Jump height will range from 18" - 3 ft. Riders must have at least one other person to ride with. No one is permitted to ride alone.
- 3: Judged Pleasure Trail Ride: Enjoy Lutherlyn's beautiful trails while completing some fun obstacles and challenges, followed by awards and drawings. (Registration Required)
- 17 - 18: Woodland Quilters Quilt Show: Enjoy a weekend display of quilts and quilting in the autumn splendor at Lutherlyn. This show is a non-judged exhibit of the art of quilting. This year's theme is "Out of the Box". (No registration necessary)
- 17: Blacksmithing Class: Open to all levels.
- 25: Family Halloween Fun Day: Bring the whole family for a day of fall activities. (Registration Required)
- 7: Saturday Safari: Saturday Safaris are a great way to spend a Saturday morning! They are designed and open for families of all sizes and shapes, youth groups, scout groups, and any interested parties. Dress to be outside. (Registration Required)
- 17 - 22: Crafting/Quilting Retreat: Come for a weekend designed to provide a stress free opportunity to complete some of those unfinished crafts you want to give as Christmas gifts. (Registration Deadline: November 11)
- 21: Blacksmithing Class: Open to all levels.
- 4 - 6: Advent Family Getaway Weekend: Enjoy the start of the holiday season decorating cookies, singing carols and playing games with your family amidst the wonder of winter at Lutherlyn. The Family Advent Festival is included in this great weekend at no additional cost. (Registration Required)
- 5: Plunge!: Join us to for this great fundraising event! Spectators can stay warm by the fire while enjoying hot chocolate and s'mores - just our "plungers" get wet! (No registration is required.)
- 5: Advent Worship: Join us to celebrate Advent at Lutherlyn. (Registration Required)