Lutherlyn Events & Retreats (2020)
Throughout the year Lutherlyn hosts a wide variety of both day, and overnight programs. Some of our events are specifically offered to children, while others are designed for crafters like our quilters and scrapbookers, and still other retreats which were created for the whole family!
Please use the calendar of events listed below to find out more information about each of our many great events, we'll update it as we set our schedule for 2020.
As details are confirmed and registration becomes available, links will be added to the listing below.
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call at 724-865-2161.
- 14 - 19: Crafting/Quilting Retreat: Come and join us for a fun-filled week (or just the weekend) of "UnFinished Object" project completion. It's a great time of fun and fellowship that's very popular with quilters, scrapbookers and other crafters. (Registration Required)
- 24 - 26: Winter Youth Retreat: 4th - 12th campers have the opportunity to enjoy their favorite summer camp activities in the beautiful winter weather at camp. (Registration Required)
- 1: Saturday Safari: Saturday Safaris are a great way to spend a Saturday morning! They are designed and open for families of all sizes and shapes, youth groups, scout groups, and any interested parties. Dress to be outside. (Registration Required)
- 14-16: Fathers and Sons Retreat: Join us for this year's re-imagined Fathers and Sons retreat! Stay tuned for more information on what you can expect with this year's retreat!
- 7: Saturday Safari (Maple Sugaring): This Saturday Safari features winter tree identification, tapping a maple tree, collecting sap, and observing the evaporation process. (Registration Required)
- 17 - 22: Crafting/Quilting Retreat: This week (or just a weekend) will awaken your creativity and stimulate your crafting ambitions. (Registration Required)
- 24 - 26: YouthFest: The Southwestern & Northwestern PA Synod gathering of junior high and senior high youth at Lutherlyn, including a special musical/keynote guest speaker and many activities in both small and large group settings. (Registration Required)
- 25: Work Day: It takes a lot of help to get Lutherlyn ready for our campers! Come help us with spring cleaning, basic yard work, and other small projects to help us prepare for Summer Camp 2020! (Registration is not required, but is helpful for us to prepare enough materials and tools)
- 9: Fun Run: This fun-filled event is designed for runners of all skill levels and is a great opportunity to see how beautiful spring can be at Lutherlyn!
- 9: CampBlast!: Invite your family, friends, and church members to come enjoy a totally FREE day of fun at Lutherlyn. This fun day highlights all we have to offer and is the perfect opportunity for people to learn more about our programs. (No registration is required; just show up!)
- 31 Summer Staff Training Begins: Each summer our staff members participate in an intense 13 day training program to prepare them for summer camp, and summer campers. You can learn more or apply to join us easily online.
- 1 - 12: Summer Staff Training Continues: Each summer our staff members participate in an intense 13 day training program to prepare them for summer camp, and summer campers. You can learn more or apply to join us easily online.
- 7: Trinity Pines Club Banquet: As a thank you for our Trinity Pines Club members we host an annual banquet prepared and served by Chef Lisa and our Summer Staff members.
- 31: Last day of Summer Camp
- 21-23: Grown-Up Camp: Our Grown-Up Camp includes all of the fun and excitement of kid camp with some relaxation, fellowship, and "extras" for grown-ups. You can enjoy a weekday retreat or a weekend getaway, or stay through both sessions! (Registration Required)
- 9-13: Crafting Retreat: If you've ever thought you need a vacation just to get some of your craft projects complete...this is the perfect opportunity. You bring the project supplies and we'll take care of all the food, lodging and provide great opportunities for fun and fellowship. Please note that this Crafting Week begins on Wednesday. (Registration Required)
- 12: Saturday Safari: Saturday Safaris are a great way to spend a Saturday morning! They are designed and open for families of all sizes and shapes, youth groups, scout groups, and any interested parties. Dress to be outside. (Registration Required)
- TBD: Judged Pleasure Trail Ride: Enjoy Lutherlyn's beautiful trails while completing some fun obstacles and challenges, followed by awards and drawings. (Registration Required)
- 17 - 18: Woodland Quilters Quilt Show: Enjoy a weekend display of quilts and quilting in the autumn splendor at Lutherlyn. This show is a non-judged exhibit of the art of quilting. This year's theme is "Out of the Box". (No registration necessary)
- 25: Family Halloween Fun Day: Bring the whole family for a day of fall activities. (Registration Required)
- 7: Saturday Safari: Saturday Safaris are a great way to spend a Saturday morning! They are designed and open for families of all sizes and shapes, youth groups, scout groups, and any interested parties. Dress to be outside. (Registration Required)
- 17 - 22: Crafting/Quilting Retreat: Come for a weekend designed to provide a stress free opportunity to complete some of those unfinished crafts you want to give as Christmas gifts. (Registration Deadline: November 11)
- 4 - 6: Advent Family Getaway Weekend: Enjoy the start of the holiday season decorating cookies, singing carols and playing games with your family amidst the wonder of winter at Lutherlyn. The Family Advent Festival is included in this great weekend at no additional cost. (Registration Required)
- 5: Plunge!: Join us to for this great fundraising event! Spectators can stay warm by the fire while enjoying hot chocolate and s'mores - just our "plungers" get wet! (No registration is required.)
- 5: Advent Worship: Join us to celebrate Advent at Lutherlyn. (Registration Required)