Lutherlyn Events & Retreats (2018)
Throughout the year Lutherlyn hosts a wide variety of both day, and overnight programs. Some of our events are specifically offered to children, while others are designed for crafters like our quilters and scrapbookers, and still other retreats which were created for the whole family!
Please use the calendar of events listed below to find out more information about each of our many great events.
* You can follow the link for each event to learn more or register. However, links are only active during the registration period. If the link is not active for a retreat, registration is not yet open or the deadline for registration has passed. *
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call at 724-865-2161.
- 9th - 14th: Crafting Retreat: (Formerly known as our UFO Retreat) Come and join us for a fun-filled week (or just the weekend) of "UnFinished Object" project completion. It's a great time of fun and fellowship that's very popular with quilters, scrapbookers and other crafters. (Registration Deadline: Dec 31, 2017)
- 3rd: Saturday Safari (Compasses and Orienteering): This mostly outdoor activity will involve learning how to use a basic compass. We will try several different courses using compasses and distances. Time permitting, we will also learn how to combine a map and compass to navigate. (Registration Deadline: Jan 30)
- 3rd: Saturday Safari (Maple Sugaring): This Saturday Safari features winter tree identification, tapping a maple tree, collecting sap, and observing the evaporation process. (Registration Deadline: Mar 1)
- 20th - 25th: Crafting Retreat: (Formerly known as our Mystery Quilt Retreat) This week (or just a weekend) will awaken your creativity and stimulate your crafting ambitions. There's also the opportunity to work on a Mystery Quilt, receiving clues throughout the weekend. (Registration Deadline: Mar 9)
- 20th - 22nd: YouthFest: The Southwestern & Northwestern PA Synod gathering of junior high and senior high youth at Lutherlyn, including a special musical/keynote guest speaker and many activities in both small and large group settings. You can learn more on the SWPA Synod website. The registration information is available on the "Downloads" page.
- 28th: Work Day: Come help Lutherlyn prepare for the summer camp season by helping with projects appropriate for all ages and skill levels. We'll provide breakfast, lunch and all the necessary tools and equipment.
- 12th: CampBlast!: Invite your family, friends, and church members to come enjoy a totally FREE day of fun at Lutherlyn. This fun day highlights all we have to offer and is the perfect opportunity for people to learn more about our programs. (No registration is required; just show up!)
- 3rd - 15th: Summer Staff Training: Each summer our staff members participate in an intense 13 day training program to prepare them for summer camp, and summer campers. You can learn more or apply to join us easily online.
- 10th: Trinity Pines Club Banquet: As a thank you for our Trinity Pines Club members we host an annual banquet prepared and served by Chef Nick and our Summer Staff members.
TBD: Hunter Pace: Held at Lutherlyn's Rustic Retreat, featuring Jumping, Non-Jumping and Trail Ride Divisions for teams of all interests. (Registration Required)
- 17th: Summer Camp Begins!
- 1st - 30th: Summer Camp Continues
TBD: Youth Group Days: Jr. High/Sr. High (6th- 12th grade) Enjoy a fun summer day at Lutherlyn with the Youth Group or kids from your congregation! A day together at camp is a great way to stay connected over the summer! Groups of 10 or more will have their own staff person for the day. Groups of less than 10 may be combined with other small groups for the day. (Registration Required)
TBD: "My Grown-Up and Me" Day Program: A day full of fun for our youngest campers with a grown-up! Campers age 3-6 are invited to this special day at camp with their parent/guardian, grandparent, relative, babysitter, etc. Adults must be 18 or older and must stay with their camper(s) for the day. Lutherlyn staff will lead all activities. (Registration Required)
TBD: Youth Group Days: Elementary (1st - 5th grade) Enjoy a fun summer day at Lutherlyn with the Youth Group or kids from your congregation! A day together at camp is a great way to stay connected over the summer! Groups of 10 or more will have their own staff person for the day. Groups of less than 10 may be combined with other small groups for the day. (Registration Required)
- 3th: Last Day of Summer Camp
- TBD: Grown-Up Camp: Our Grown-Up Camp includes all of the fun and excitement of kid camp with some relaxation, fellowship, and "extras" for grown-ups. You can enjoy a weekday retreat, a weekend getaway, or stay straight through both! (Registration Required)
- 31st - September 1st: Fathers & Sons Retreat: Fathers and Sons Day is for fathers and sons of all ages; for fathers who “borrow” sons and for sons who “borrow” fathers. Every man and boy is welcome. It's a great opportunity for building relationships and making memories.
- 4th - 9th: Crafting Retreat: (Formerly known as Crafty Lady Getaway) If you've ever thought you need a vacation just to get some of your craft projects complete...this is the perfect opportunity. You bring the project supplies and we'll take care of all the food, lodging and provide great opportunities for fun and fellowship. (Registration Deadline: Aug 24)
TBD: Build a Better Barn Dance: This family friendly event will include a pig roast, dancing, yard games, raffle baskets, and some fun surprises! It will be a great time for friends to come together, have fun, and support a great cause!
- 22nd: Saturday Safari (Survival Skills): Learn some of the essentials to surviving in the forest alone. We will primarily focus on wild edibles, building a shelter, and building a fire. Dress to be outside. (Registration Deadline: Sept 17)
- TBD: Judged Pleasure Trail Ride: Enjoy Lutherlyn's beautiful trails while completing some fun obstacles and challenges, followed by awards and drawings. (Registration Required)
- 20th - 21st: Woodland Quilters Quilt Show: Enjoy a weekend display of quilts and quilting in the autumn splendor at Lutherlyn. This show is a non-judged exhibit of the art of quilting. 2018's theme is "Circles, Spots, & Dots". (No registration necessary, $5 admission per person)
- 26th - 28th: Family Getaway Weekend: Bring the whole family for a weekend of fall activities like campfires, hikes, and Halloween movie night. The Family Halloween Fun party is included in this great weekend at no additional cost. (Registration Deadline: Oct 15)
- 27th: Family Halloween Fun: Enjoy Halloween fun with pumpkin decorating/carving, hay rides, costume parade and trick-or-treating. (Registration Deadline: Oct 15)
- 3rd: Saturday Safari (Geology and the Rocks of Lutherlyn): Hike to one of Lutherlyn’s most unique places, Chapel Rock, and learn about the rock cycle. Weather permitting, we will climb Chapel Rock. We will also learn about the geology of western PA as we hike through a beautiful stream valley. There will also be time to stop by Tunnel Rock, Table Rock, and the Rock Shelter. Dress to be outside. (Registration Deadline: Oct 30)
- 13th - 18th: Crafting Retreat: (Formerly known as Santa's Workshop) Come for a weekend designed to provide a stress free opportunity to complete some of those unfinished crafts you want to give as Christmas gifts. (Registration Deadline: Nov 7)
- Nov 30th - 2nd: Family Getaway Weekend: Enjoy the start of the holiday season decorating cookies, singing carols and playing games with your family amidst the wonder of winter at Lutherlyn. The Family Advent Festival is included in this great weekend at no additional cost. (Registration Deadline: Nov 17)
- 1st: Family Advent Festival: Start the holiday season with your family celebrating Advent by sharing an Agape meal and creating an Advent wreath together. (Registration Deadline: Nov 17)