Lutherlyn Events & Retreats (2018)
Throughout the year Lutherlyn hosts a wide variety of both day, and overnight programs. Some of our events are specifically offered to children, while others are designed for crafters like our quilters and scrapbookers, and still other retreats which were created for the whole family!
Please use the calendar of events listed below to find out more information about each of our many great events.
* You can follow the link for each event to learn more or register. However, links are only active during the registration period. If the link is not active for a retreat, registration is not yet open or the deadline for registration has passed. *
As always, if you have any questions please feel free to give us a call at 724-865-2161.
- May 11 - 13: CampBlast! Family Getaway Weekend: Spend time together as a family taking advantage of all the fun and games CampBlast! has to offer while enjoying the beauty of spring at Lutherlyn. (Registration Deadline: Apr 30)
- 12: CampBlast!: Invite your family, friends, and church members to come enjoy a totally FREE day of fun at Lutherlyn. This fun day highlights all we have to offer and is the perfect opportunity for people to learn more about our programs. (No registration is required; just show up!)
- 19: Intro to Blacksmithing Class: Learn the art of Blacksmithing in the Woodland Forge at Lutherlyn. All materials are supplied and classes are taught by master blacksmith, Flavius Brinsfield. (Registration Required)
- 3 - 15: Summer Staff Training: Each summer our staff members participate in an intense 13 day training program to prepare them for summer camp, and summer campers. You can learn more or apply to join us easily online.
- 9: Camp Fun Run: This all new event is for runners of all ages and skills. Two course lengths both feature an assortment of fun (optional) obstacles to enjoy! (Registrations can be completed online until noon on June 8th, or in person at the event)
- 9: All Staff Reunion: To celebrate our 70th year of Summer Camp Programs we're having the first ever All Staff Reunion! This event is open to anyone who has served on Lutherlyn's staff: counselors, KPs, lifeguards, store managers, grounds crew, and everyone else who has been part of staff (and their families). (Registration Deadline: May 18)
- 10: Trinity Pines Club Banquet: As a thank you for our Trinity Pines Club members we host an annual banquet prepared and served by Chef Nick and our Summer Staff members.
- 10: Open School Day at LEC: Take this opportunity to work on riding skills you may not have the space or equipment for at your home pasture! (Registration Required: Contact Carla in advance 724-496-5535)
- 17: Summer Camp Begins!
- 1 - 30: Summer Camp Continues:
- 3: Last Day of Summer Camp
- 4: Open School Day at LEC: Take this opportunity to work on riding skills you may not have the space or equipment for at your home pasture! (Registration Required: Contact Carla in advance 724-496-5535)
- 17-19 or 20-22: Grown-Up Camp: Our Grown-Up Camp includes all of the fun and excitement of kid camp with some relaxation, fellowship, and "extras" for grown-ups. You can enjoy a weekday retreat or a weekend getaway, or stay through both sessions! (Registration Deadline: Aug 3)
- 31 - September 1: Fathers & Sons Retreat: Fathers and Sons Day is for fathers and sons of all ages; for fathers who “borrow” sons and for sons who “borrow” fathers. Every man and boy is welcome. It's a great opportunity for building relationships and making memories.
- 4 - 9: Crafting Retreat: (Formerly known as Crafty Lady Getaway) If you've ever thought you need a vacation just to get some of your craft projects complete...this is the perfect opportunity. You bring the project supplies and we'll take care of all the food, lodging and provide great opportunities for fun and fellowship. (Registration Deadline: Aug 24)
15: Build a Better Barn Dance: This family friendly event will include a pig roast, dancing, yard games, raffle baskets, and some fun surprises! It will be a great time for friends to come together, have fun, and support a great cause!
- 22: Saturday Safari (Survival Skills): Learn some of the essentials to surviving in the forest alone. We will primarily focus on wild edibles, building a shelter, and building a fire. Dress to be outside. (Registration Deadline: Sept 17)
- 22: Open School Day at LEC: Take this opportunity to work on riding skills you may not have the space or equipment for at your home pasture! (Registration Required: Contact Carla in advance 724-496-5535)
- 22: Intro to Blacksmithing Class: Learn the art of Blacksmithing in the Woodland Forge at Lutherlyn. All materials are supplied and classes are taught by master blacksmith, Flavius Brinsfield. (Registration Required)
- 13: Judged Pleasure Trail Ride: Enjoy Lutherlyn's beautiful trails while completing some fun obstacles and challenges, followed by awards and drawings. (Registration Required)
- 20: Intro to Blacksmithing Class: Learn the art of Blacksmithing in the Woodland Forge at Lutherlyn. All materials are supplied and classes are taught by master blacksmith, Flavius Brinsfield. (Registration Required)
- 20 - 21: Woodland Quilters Quilt Show: Enjoy a weekend display of quilts and quilting in the autumn splendor at Lutherlyn. This show is a non-judged exhibit of the art of quilting. 2018's theme is "Circles, Spots, & Dots". (No registration necessary, admission paid at entry)
- 26 - 28: Family Getaway Weekend: Bring the whole family for a weekend of fall activities like campfires, hikes, and Halloween movie night. The Family Halloween Fun party is included in this great weekend at no additional cost. (Registration Deadline: Oct 15)
- 27: Family Halloween Fun: Enjoy Halloween fun with pumpkin decorating/carving, hay rides, costume parade and trick-or-treating. (Registration Deadline: Oct 15)
- 3: Saturday Safari (Geology and the Rocks of Lutherlyn): Hike to one of Lutherlyn’s most unique places, Chapel Rock, and learn about the rock cycle. Weather permitting, we will climb Chapel Rock. We will also learn about the geology of western PA as we hike through a beautiful stream valley. There will also be time to stop by Tunnel Rock, Table Rock, and the Rock Shelter. Dress to be outside. (Registration Deadline: Oct 30)
- 13 - 18: Crafting Retreat: (Formerly known as Santa's Workshop) Come for a weekend designed to provide a stress free opportunity to complete some of those unfinished crafts you want to give as Christmas gifts. (Registration Deadline: Nov 2)
- Nov 30 - 2: Family Getaway Weekend: Enjoy the start of the holiday season decorating cookies, singing carols and playing games with your family amidst the wonder of winter at Lutherlyn. The Family Advent Festival is included in this great weekend at no additional cost. (Registration Deadline: Nov 17)
- 1: Family Advent Festival: Start the holiday season with your family celebrating Advent by sharing an Agape meal and creating an Advent wreath together. (Registration Deadline: Nov 17)